28 July 2011

MEXICO

Mexico was so perfect I didn't want to leave. I had such a great time :) Couldn't fault the hotel; the food was yummy, the drinks were alcoholic and the pool was relaxing. The flight was rubbish but that's because First Choice never seem to be able to get anything right :/ We weren't even sat together on the way back! But anyway, I'd highly recommend it to anyone whose thinking of going away.

Took 700 photos while we were there (obsessed) but these are just a few of my favourites as most are of me and Aled. My underwater camera died while I was there too :( I've had it since 2008 and it seems it's finally had too much water as there's some in the screen. but, I always love an excuse to buy a new one!


I don't really like beaches, so we only spent one day down there. They are beautiful and relaxing, but once you've been in the sea, the sand does my head in. We went on the second day and rented some boogie boards, as there was constant waves, but that was enough. 



Above and below: The pool and jacuzzi that was in the hotel. There was actually two pools (one on either side of the large thatched building in the picture) but we always stayed in this one because it had the swim up pool bar. I think we drank more in the day than at night because they were so refreshing with the mad hot weather we had!




This is the where our room backed onto. We were the third room along (ground floor) in the building you can see. It was really nice because it was close to the pool but away from the main lobby and entertainment. The Coati's always ran past at about 6/7pm every night searching for food which was funny.



Saw loads of crazy animals when we were there. Iguanas, Lizards, Coatis, Cats and horrible birds that just constantly wanted your food. The funniest were the coatis. I've never seen or heard of them before the holiday. But they were like a mix between a cat and a lemur. Odd. There was loads of the at the hotel, pretty harmless apart from wanting your food. 






We only went on one day trip, to Xel-Ha. It's a natural aquarium, where you can go snorkelling, cliff diving, there's a lazy river, you can swim with dolphins and lots more. It was one of the most beautiful places I've been to. I'm not a great swimmer, but Aled's like a fish so he was into the diving and snorkelling straight away. I freaked at first, but managed to go snorkelling after a couple of coronas :)






No comments:

Post a Comment